(Vero Beach, Fla. – December 16, 2020) Indian River Community Foundation awarded grants totaling $200,000 to nonprofit charitable organizations serving Indian River County. The grants were reviewed by a Grants Committee comprised of volunteers Pat Brier, Toni Hamner, Dale Jacobs, Ed Massey, Sandy Rolf, and Larry Salustro.
The grants were awarded from the Community Enrichment Fund, and included the following:
- $50,000 to Whole Family Health Center to support their behavioral health unit expansion.
- $38,500 to Crossover Mission for salary support for a volunteer coordinator.
- $35,000 to Senior Resource Association to replace the roof of their Sebastian facility.
- $30,000 to Youth Guidance Mentoring Academy for operating support.
- $25,000 to Veterans Council of Indian River County to support their Veterans Helping Veterans program.
- $21,500 to Catholic Charities Diocese of Palm Beach’s Samaritan Center to purchase a 15-passenger van.
While most of the Community Foundation’s grants are awarded by clients through donor advised funds, Indian River Community Foundation’s competitive grant program is made possible through the generosity of anonymous donors to several grantmaking funds, including the Community Enrichment Fund. These valuable resources support the Community Foundation’s mission of building a better community through donor-driven philanthropy.
Indian River Community Foundation was established in 2008 with a mission of building a better community through donor-driven philanthropy. With assets of approximately $80 million in 183 charitable giving accounts, the Community Foundation and its clients have awarded more than $73 million in grants, mostly to nonprofit charitable organizations located in Indian River County, Florida. Visit www.ircommunityfoundation.org to learn more.
Photo Identifications in this Article
- Youth Guidance Program: Jeff Pickering with Sudan, Lea, Zaire and Phil Barnes, Executive Director.
- Senior Resource Association: Karen Deigle, Senior Resource Association President/CEO; Robert Paugh, President of Bill Bryant & Associates; Shawn Callaghan, SRA Director of Programs; and Jeff Pickering, CEO of Indian River Community Foundation.
- Samaritan Center: Jeff Pickering with Katy Ryan, Renee Bireley, Vania Bartee, Cindi Seipel, Vanessa McGriff of Samaritan Center; and Frankie Chevere, CEO-Executive Director of Catholic Charities Diocese of Palm Beach, Inc.
- Crossover Mission: Antoine Jennings, Cathy De Schouwer, and Shala Edwards of Crossover with Jeff Pickering.
- Veteran’s Council of IRC: Front Row L to R: Jeff Pickering, Jim Romanek, Executive Director, and Martin Zickert, Chairman of the Board. Back row L to R: Ken Dale, Treasurer; Samantha Brackett, Director; Curtis Holden, Vice-Chairman; Carroll Oates, Director; Sam Kouns, Director.
- Whole Family Health Center: Jeff Pickering with Marie Andress, Carly Pye, Christina Martinez, and Sophia North of Whole Family Health Center.